I had my first observation a couple of weeks ago and it went okay. I received a lot of feedback, but most of it was ways to improve my teaching which was very helpful. One positive thing that was said was that I am enthusiastic about teaching and that I circulate to assist students when they have independent work time. I enjoy helping students when they have that "puzzled" look on their faces. It is very hard for me to not give the answers when working with students, but I know that this will only hurt them in the end, so I try to teach them when I am helping them.
It has been brought to my attention that I struggle giving clear/concise directions when teaching the class. I did not realize this until after my observation. I knew that sometimes the students did not understand what I wanted them to do with the worksheets, but I did not understand why. I have been trying to improve my direction giving skills, but I feel that a lot of it will come with time and practice in front of the class. Sometimes I wish I could just read a script because then I would say everything that I had written out about that lesson! I can't wait until I figure out how to give clear directions!
No comments:
Post a Comment