The teachers I visited do things differently than my master teacher. The 2nd grade teacher was very different from the rest of the teachers that I visited. She is funny, silly, and has a less structured class than most. Her students were up and down when she was giving instructions. They were just all over the place. She was able to get there attention at times, but it was harder than the other classrooms I visited. This teacher explains the task that the students are supposed to accomplish, then she does the worksheet along with her students by using the document camera. She also joked around with the students a lot which does not happen very often in my classroom.
The 5th grade teacher that I visited was a complete opposite to the 2nd grade teacher. There is no messing around in her room. She runs a tight ship that is very structured. Her students know what is expected of them. I liked how she told the students to get out everything they needed for math and then set a timer for 2 minutes. If all of the students completed the task she stopped the timer and the time that was left gets added to their choice time. This was a great incentive for the students. I also liked how she used sticks to call on students to participate. This helps the classroom because I feel that every student is then responsible for paying attention in class. I definitely saw the students paying attention.
I really enjoyed getting to see other classrooms and I hope to see more in the coming weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment