Today I learned that our brains take two images and put them together to make one image which is how we get depth perception. Today's lesson was truly amazing because I learned so many things about my brain that I had heard before, but I had forgotten it over the years. The activity with the checkerboard opened my realization that our brains fill in the gaps based on experience. The picture looked like a checkerboard so our brains automatically make the assumption that it is a checkerboard. Then when asked what color a certain square was we used our past experience to determine the color. I was so amazed that our brains do not read every letter in every word once we know what the word looks like or how it reads. It would take us forever to read if we did not do this.
I am so glad that we went over this information about the brain again in college because it is important information that we tend to forget when we become adults. I am still curious to know how this all works because it is so fascinating.
No comments:
Post a Comment