Monday, May 23, 2011

Where I am From

My family is very important to me and without their support I would not be where I am today. My poem has come to life now that I have added pictures to bring out the meaning of words! It was hard picking the right music, but overall I really enjoyed creating a story about myself.


I am from Skipper’s Jello in my hair,
To dead cars everywhere.
I am from dirt bikes and dirty mats,
To backyard golf.
I am from antiques in the china cabinet,
To squeaky wood floors.
I am from the handcrafted Tepee in the woods and
The brick red house,
Whose backyard gave us room to play.

I am from stepping on tennis balls,
To fixing cars with my dad.
From getting my boots stuck in cow pies,
To rolling down the grassy hillside.

I am from Grandpa Don to Grandma Jo.
From Grandpa Jerry to Grandma Marilyn,
From Grandpa Ernie to Grandma Linda,
From Cousins to Aunts and Uncles,
To my Great Aunt Laura.
Who took me in when I was in need.

I am from I told you so’s,
To sew buttons on your underwear
And watch them pop off!
To Here’s your sign.
I am from my dad saying you can’t fix stupid,
To my brother saying Smooth move Exlax.

I am from a full house with lots of food,
To parents working opposite schedules.
 I am from my best friend and Brother Matt,
To becoming a college grad.
                                                                --Jennifer Clarke 


No comments:

Post a Comment